Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thing #6

RSS feeds and my reader took a long time for me to complete. There's so much out there--I just can't believe how much. The required feeds were full of information but not very much fun. Then we got to the part where we could tailor our searches and I had a lot more fun. I found a way to get every news article from the Times on Obama and nothing else--that was fun.

The educational blogs left me somewhat cold. Too much opinion in some and too much technology for me in others. When I did my own google search on resource math, I found much more to interest me. Some of the blogs were political but most were on teaching and resources and problems faced by teachers of disabled students. One very exciting resource was homeschooling parents blogging about educating their children.

The homeschool lesson on math analogies was particularly interesting. Many of my students have trouble with patterns and sequencing. This particular homeschool parent was teaching analogies using geometric shapes to seven and eight year old boys. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had fun setting up your Reader and found some blogs that will keep you coming back to check it!

    ReplyDelete