Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thing #9

The section on wikis has been the most difficult so far, but also the most rewarding. I may have learned more about my computer in the last two days than ever before. Some of the things I had the most trouble with were pretty common sense things--after I figured them out. Before that, they were just frustrating. I'm an older user and most of the creation process on a computer is foreign to me.

The most rewarding part of the sandbox experience is gaining the knowledge that I can put my professional wiki together in a useable format, and I'm pretty sure that the other math teachers won't mind using it.

The lessons I still need are mostly in the area of pictures--I really haven't used my computer for pictures, personal or otherwise. I visited some of the sites, but I think I will need more intensive instruction to gain the necessary knowledge.




1 comment:

  1. Carol, I'm in the same boat. I've learned more in the last week than I have n the last 15 years I've been using a computer. Maybe we will meet in a technology class this year! Good luck and keep practicing.

    ReplyDelete