Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thing #7

Commenting...hmmm...!?? I read many comments that left me wondering why the people bothered. I also read some blogs that had astronomical comments to one posting (336). I was curious so I visited the post to see what was so great. Many of the comments were one word--great, thanks, etc. That blog made me wonder if it wasn't more about competition to get the most comments than about sharing ideas.

Yes, I believe commenting is good, but only if you have something constructive to add. It's O.K. to comment that you find the post helpful and how you might use the information, but please be more specific than "thanks."

As for my experience with commenting, it seemed to be easier to comment to my fellow classmates because we're all working off the same information base and sharing different aspects. I found the links to be very interesting. We all received the same page of instructions but we all came up with different information from the same exercise--cool!

3 comments:

  1. That's one of the great things about all this web 2.0 stuff. You can really customize your experience and develop a personal learning network of information sources that are relevant to you and your interests. By commenting, you can join the conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you stated, "We all received the same page of instructions but we all came up with different information from the same exercise--cool!"

    I agree with your observations here. It's fascinating. I'm checking out many links of others and learning from their experience as well as my own.

    ReplyDelete