Saturday, July 3, 2010

Thing #14 (or Thing #12)

I chose to make a web page for my class. My hope is that parents would connect to the web site to see what they need to know to help their student be successful in my class. I chose the Weebly site to make the web page. So far, it is fairly easy to navigate, but I'm sure I will learn more as I go along.

This past year was exciting because most of my students had access to a computer and even more had parents who had access to a computer at work. Each year, the internet becomes a more practical tool for my class. Many of my parents prefer an e-mail to a phone call--as a past parent, this would have been more convenient for me as well.

If this web page works, in addition to class rules and supplies, I could add the math notes that go along with homework assignments so that parents can have access to material they may have forgotten over the years or never learned at all. I truly believe that the parents are the key to teaching today's student--if the parents believe in what we're doing, they will see that their children do also.

3 comments:

  1. I love your banner picture on your web page. Is that an actual picture you took?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner border was an option and the picture of the flag was taken by a soldier who spent time in Afghanistan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about that--I got the "Thing" confused. The banner was one you could choose at the site.

    ReplyDelete