Saturday, July 17, 2010

Thing #19

I was able to embed a voice thread into the sidebar of my blog and that was empowering. I would really like to come back to this section to see how to make my own voice thread. I tried joining the free group for teachers but was not successful. Next time, I'll join the discussion group and get their advice.

I definitely see benefit in using the voice thread in my classroom as a section wrap-up--every time we learn something new, add a comment about it to the voice thread. By the 6 weeks test, it could be used as a study document--especially since these voice threads can be accessed from home.

If I do my own, I would need to explore the screen. A picture would not be good enough--I would want to create something having to do with the math objective we were exploring at the time. Since we would be adding to it, a slide show seems like it might work. I could add a new slide each time we started something new. Sounds huge, and maybe it's unrealistic. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment